Tips when watching TV
- Sit so you're well supported - avoid spending prolonged periods on soft couches or bean bags.
- Change your position regularly - if you're watching for long periods, take turns sitting on the couch, chair, or floor.
- Use a lumbar roll, or rolled towel, behind your lower back (about belt line) to provide support whilst sitting.
- "Half positions" can be worst on your neck and back - avoid sitting with your low back unsupported or lying with your head crooked up on one side.
- Position your TV well - try to have the set directly in front of you, at mid vision height.
- Stretch - use commercial breaks to change positions and do gentle stretches.
- Keep yourself physically active - have a break from viewing and walk to the local shops or continue with your exercise routine.
- Be inspired by the athletes - remember to eat and sleep well.
- If you experience pain while sitting, you need to change positions or get moving.